Browse your albums, get snapping and submit
Our 2021 photographic competition is open to all amateur photographers with prizes for the best images. Entry is free. We will display the winning photographs at the Canal Cafe at Chichester Canal Basin and the best entries will feature in any future merchandise and Canal publicity.
Imber Court Photo Training has once again kindly offered a £150 voucher to spend on one of their training courses or for a 1-1 half day training session. Imber Court has an excellent reputation for its training and we are thrilled that they are able to make this offer in these difficult financial times. Do check them out http://www.imbercourtphototraining.co.uk . The Canal is offering a further prize of 4 tickets on our canal boat Kingfisher.
The judges will be looking for images of the Canal and its environment. The entrants could capture people, heritage, activities, wildlife, emotion or seasons.
The competition closes on 31st July at noon.
Digital images (preferably 2mb and above) are required and may be submitted to email@example.com. A maximum of 3 entries per person is permitted. In the event of more than 3 being received, subsequent entries will be discounted.
Competition rules are as follows:
- The competition is not open to professional photographers.
- Images may be cropped, enlarged or digitally enhanced to remove blemishes but should not be “manipulated”.
- Entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.
- A panel of judges will judge all entries. Their decision will be final and no correspondence can be entered into.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party.
- Photographs submitted must not have previously won any other competition.
- Photographs taken must not be used for commercial purposes.
- Chichester Canal reserves the right to publish and exhibit all photographs entered for the competition. Images may be used in social media, websites, printed media and merchandise, including calendars and cards.
- Entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered.
- If children under 18 are featured, written permission must be obtained from their parent/guardian.
- Chichester Canal reserves the right to cancel or alter the competition at any stage.
- No fees will be payable for any of the above uses.
- No cash alternatives will be given for prizes.