Browse your albums, get snapping and submit
Our 2022 anniversary photographic competition is open to all AMATEUR photographers with prizes for the best images. Entry is free. We will display the winning photographs at the Heritage Centre at Chichester Canal Basin and the best entries will feature in any future merchandise and canal publicity.
And we have some amazing prizes to award:
- Selsey Press is offering a Giclee print of your favourite image. This a super high quality print, which will look magnificent when displayed at home.
- Whitby’s Imaging Services in Chichester has donated a 7 piece photo frame, perfect for displaying your images.
- The Canal Trust is offering a prize of a pair of tickets for a fish and chip cruise on our canal boat Richmond. Bring your camera!
- A very special prize for the best junior (17 and under) entry… a 1 day workshop to learn about taking photos with your DSLR camera OR
- A half day 1-1 tutor session with the principal of Imber Court Photo Training to learn more about your DSLR camera. This prize is kindly offered by http://www.imbercourtphototraining.co.uk
The judges will be looking for images of CHICHESTER CANAL and its environment. The entrants could capture people, heritage, activities, wildlife, emotion or seasons.
The competition closes on 28th August at noon. The winner may choose a prize of his/her choice from the above list, followed by runner-up choice and then 3rd place.
SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRIES
Digital images (preferably 2mb and above) are required and may be submitted to email@example.com. A maximum of 3 entries per person is permitted. In the event of more than 3 being received, subsequent entries will be discounted. For junior entries, please also state your age.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Competition rules are as follows:
- The competition is not open to professional photographers.
- Images may be cropped, enlarged or digitally enhanced to remove blemishes but should not be “manipulated”.
- Entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.
- A panel of judges will judge all entries. Their decision will be final and no correspondence can be entered into.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party.
- Photographs submitted must not have previously won any other competition.
- Photographs taken must not be used for commercial purposes.
- Chichester Canal reserves the right to publish and exhibit all photographs entered for the competition. Images may be used in social media, websites, printed media and merchandise, including calendars and cards.
- Entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered.
- If children under 18 are featured, written permission must be obtained from their parent/guardian.
- The Trust reserves the right to cancel or alter the competition at any stage.
- No fees will be payable for any of the above uses.
Photo: 2021 winning entry by Donna Trethewey