We are open until further notice
You may have heard today, 16 March, that the government has advised…
– stop unnecessary contact and travel
– avoidance of pubs clubs, theatres and other social venues
– reduction in visits involving the NHS
– stay at home if you are suffering symptoms
– social distancing
This message is advisory in the hope that people, particularly “at risk groups”, voluntarily heed the advice in order to slow the spread of Covid19.
Our response to this announcement is as follows:
- we will reduce capacity on our Kingfisher scheduled trips to enable social distancing
- likewise on Richmond, we will reduce capacity wherever possible
- our Cafe will remain open, but we ask you to avoid social contact and to allow space to others who may wish to enjoy this facility
- we have already ramped up the hygiene on our boats and in the Cafe, including:
permanent employment of an on site cleaner and provision of hand sanitiser for our customers’ use in the Cafe and upon embarking the boats, which are cleaned down after each trip
- we encourage you to continue to enjoy the open spaces surrounding the Canal and its environs
As you will appreciate, the virus is moving apace, as is government advice. Therefore, we do urge you to watch for new communications from us and we will of course contact you, should our stance change.
Thank you for your continued support.
Chichester Ship Canal Trust