Win £150 to spend with Imber Court Photo Training
Our 2020 photographic competition is open to all amateur photographers with prizes for the best images. Entry is free. We will display the winning photographs at the Canal Cafe at Chichester Canal Basin when it reopens; the best entries will feature in any future merchandise and Canal publicity.
Sadly, our 1st prize sponsor has withdrawn its offer due to unprecedented financial difficulties. But we are delighted to announce that Imber Court Photo Training has stepped up to offer a £150 voucher to spend on one of their training courses or for a 1-1 half day training session. Imber Court has an excellent reputation for its training and we are thrilled that they are able to make this offer. Do check them out www.imbercourtphototraining.co.uk
The Canal is offering a 2nd prize of a family ticket (2 adults + 2 children) on Kingfisher OR a catered (fish and chips or afternoon tea) cruise for 2 adults on Richmond.
The judges will be looking for images of Chichester Canal and its environment. Entrants could capture people, heritage, activities, wildlife, emotion or seasons.
The competition was originally scheduled to close on 21st June at noon, but has been extended to 30 June.
We would prefer to receive digital images (2mb and above). These may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. A maximum of 3 entries per person is permitted. In the event of more than 3 being received, we will discount subsequent entries.
Competition rules are as follows:
- The competition is not open to professional photographers.
- Images may be cropped, enlarged or digitally enhanced to remove blemishes but should not be “manipulated”.
- Entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.
- A panel of judges will judge all entries in July. Their decision will be final and no correspondence can be entered into.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party.
- Photographs submitted must not have previously won any other competition.
- Photographs taken must not be used for commercial purposes.
- Chichester Canal reserves the right to publish and exhibit all photographs entered for the competition. Images may be used in social media, websites, printed media and merchandise, e.g. cards.
- Entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered.
- If children under 18 are featured, written permission must be obtained from their parent/guardian.
- Chichester Canal reserves the right to cancel or alter the competition at any stage.
- No fees will be payable for any of the above uses.
- No cash alternatives will be given for prizes.
Photo credit: Gary Howes, 2019 photo competition winner